Power Cleans (115/75)
The following is a blog post that I stumbled upon by CrossFit Watertown:
We wrote this back in 2007 but it still rings true today.
1. I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best I can.
2. Lactic acid is my friend. The wind is my friend. Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger. If I had no opposition, I would be weak.
3. If I can run, I run. If I have to walk, I walk. If I am forced to crawl, I crawl. And then I rest and live to fight another day.
4. I fear no man, but I fear my workout. If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
5. I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. Ever.
6. I never cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in a victory I did not earn?
7. The workout missed is the opportunity missed. I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person.
8. I understand the value of the push-up, the pull-up, the sit-up, the squat, and the deadlift. Just as there are a million ways to make chicken so too are there a million ways to squat, sit up, pull up, push up, and deadlift.
9. I will give everything I have. And then I will find more within myself.
10. I don’t complain. Complaining is for crybabies. There are 11,232 babies born in the U.S. everyday. I will leave the crying to them and I will soldier on.
11. I will bite off challenges, spit out results, and beg for more. What are you going to do?
(By Lisbeth Darsh, www.crossfitwatertown.com.)