It’s time, friends. The holidays are over, we’ve had our fun (and cookies), and now it’s time to get back to work – not only in the gym, but in the kitchen.
For 6 weeks (42 days) leading up to the open, our gym will be engaging in a Primal Challenge? What is it, you ask? Well, it’s a way of eating that will lead to greater energy, better health, loss of body fat, and, most likely, weight loss.
You can find PLENTY of information here: 21 Day Primal Challenge
While the specific challenge above is for 21 days, we figured we could try it for 6 weeks leading up to the open.
Some questions you may have:
1) How do I sign up? Answer: you just did.
2) What do I get for competing in this challenge? Answer: better health, body composition, and performance. Yes, that’s it. No prizes or trophies…We are doing this as a community for accountability’s sake. We want to be healthier versions of ourselves, and doing it together makes us stronger.
3) Do I HAVE to do this? Answer: of course not. You can do WHATEVER you want to do. However, the coaches at CFM have committed to doing this as well, and we would love for you to join us.
4) How do I measure success? Answer: the scale (for MOST of us) is a good indicator of how well we are doing. However, we will also be doing a couple WODs next week as a benchmark, and will repeat those same wods 6 weeks from now for empirical data about our performance.
5) What do I eat? Answer
6) What else will be expected of me?
1. Eat real food.
2. Avoid sugar, grains, unhealthy fats, beans/legumes.
3. Align your carb intake with your weight goals and activity levels.
4. Move frequently: Get between 2-5 hours per week of moderate aerobic exercise.
5. Lift heavy things: Conduct 3-5 brief, intense sessions of full-body functional movements.
6. Sprint: Go “all out” at LEAST once a week.
7. Get 8 hours of sleep every night.
8. Get 15 minutes of direct sun exposure each day.
9. Play! Find time to let go, disconnect, unwind and have fun each day.
You probably have more questions… ask a coach! Or check out the website above. In any case, the best way to do it is to jump in. Our coaches will be posting their favorite quick and easy recipes, and we want to help you every single step of the way.
Bench Press 10-8-6-4-2
Lateral Row 5×8
4 Rounds for Time
12 Toes to Bar
9 Thrusters (115/75)
3 D-Ball to Shoulder (150/100/80/30)